World Green Organisation (WGO)
The World Green Organisation (WGO) is an independent non-governmental organisation concerned with environmental conservation and environmentally related livelihood and economic affairs. It provides a holistic approach to a fully integrated three-pronged solution that combines social, environmental and economic aspects for a low carbon society.
Through science-based policy research and community projects, the WGO aims to enhance the quality of the environment, promote a greener economy, and improve people’s livelihoods. In particular, it will focus on the social concerns of underprivileged groups and on the creation of a green economy, to help realise its vision of sustainable development.
The WGO has created a network of world-renowned experts in environmental protection, poverty alleviation and economic development. Our partnership enables us to promote green community and sustainable economic development together by transforming people’s lifestyles and business best practices in developed and developing countries.
With active participation and contribution to United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) as ESBN (Sustainable Business Network) task force members, World Green Organisation is honored to collaborate with the United Nations to organise the 1st International Conference on Climate Finance and Sustainable Investing in Hong Kong.
Highlights of related work :
- Organised Training Workshops on Economic Social and Governance (ESG) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with UNESCAP, 2019
- Provided Chairmanship to the Judging Panel for the Best in ESG Award, BDO ESG Awards, 2019, 2018
- Provided ESG Advisory to renowned corporations, such as, Sa Sa International and Aeon Credit Service, 2017
- Conducted Stakeholder Engagement & Materiality Assessment for publicly listed company, Sa Sa International (members of Hang Seng Sustainability Index), 2016
- Offered training at ESG Reporting Seminar in collaboration with ADF Professional Development Committee (200 / 300 accountants, CFO & COO) 2016 / 2015
- Established WGO’s Sustainable Business Award (SBA) based on ESG criteria, 2015 – present
- Provided Advisory to Crowe Horwath on Sustainability and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting, 2015
- Contributed a Case Study to United Nations Green Business Guide, 2015
- Built Green Office Awards Labelling Scheme (GOALS) with Eco-Healthy Label: 400 offices participated, including, ACCA, Asia Financial, Canon, Cisco, Citibank, DHL Express, Ernst & Young, Fuji Xerox, JP Morgan, KPMG, Octopus Cards, 2013 – present
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
The Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) serves as the United Nations’ regional hub promoting cooperation among countries to achieve inclusive and sustainable development. The largest regional intergovernmental platform with 53 Member States and 9 associate members, ESCAP has emerged as a strong regional think-tank offering countries sound analytical products that shed insight into the evolving economic, social and environmental dynamics of the region.
The Commission’s strategic focus is to deliver on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which is reinforced and deepened by promoting regional cooperation and integration to advance responses to shared vulnerabilities, connectivity, financial cooperation and market integration. ESCAP’s research and analysis coupled with
Institutional change at all levels is required to ensure more efficient and effective delivery of essential services to the region’s growing population, increasing the demand for adequate food, clothing, housing, water, energy and transport infrastructure, together with other basic needs. Hence, ESCAP’s products and services support its member States in building national capacities in:
its policy advisory services, capacity building and technical assistance to governments aims to support countries’ sustainable and inclusive development ambitions.
The overall objective of ESCAP is to promote inclusive and sustainable economic and social development in the Asia-Pacific region, with priority accorded to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
ESCAP emphasizes strengthening institutional capacities to serve the rights of the people of the region and address their aspirations and needs. ESCAP pursues this objective by carrying out work, in close cooperation with other United Nations entities and intergovernmental organizations in the region, in the following areas:
- Strengthening and implementing equitable and sustainable economic and social development policies and programmes, including regulatory and institutional frameworks;
- Preparing for, participating in and benefiting from multilateral and regional trade, transport, information and communication technology, energy and environmental partnerships and agreements;
- Building effective partnerships with civil society entities and the private sector;
- Reviewing progress in achieving the internationally agreed development goals and targets adopted at global and regional conferences.